Techware Labs Header

Forums have moved

See this announcement for more details, or just go directly there.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-18-2004, 09:05 AM
Reto_G

1) on hangup bug, the solution worked
3) on subject update ends after 10 seconds, it was (a) corrupted file(s). Softick / cardexport 1.13 does not properly work with my w2k. Also not with some others w2k as can be seen from other forums. The new version 1.14 (available at www.softick.com) works better (does not hangup itself sometimes until w2k is rebooted) but did also not work correct every time I used it. Seems to be a question of amount of transferred data. Sometimes, everything seems to be ok, but data are corrupted. Attention: watch display on Treo until transfer ends, because on pc screen, long files seem to be transferred long time before they really are. I then used the freeware TestPath v1.3 to compare files (after disconnecting and reconnecting the Treo - buffer!). I then deleted incorrect files (usually firmware patch because of its size) and transferred util ok.
After this procedure, all updates, unlocks worked perfectly. I hope this helps other to minimize freewheeling.

Note that doing any the above invalidates your warranty, and is entirely at your own risk.